Deliverability Engineer III
体育投注注册Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Deliverability Engineers develop tools to monitor our IP reputation 24/7, write code to promote improved throughput in our system, communicate with content platforms to ensure consistent and timely delivery, and work with anti-abuse professionals to fight spam and keep our network clean. Our Deliverability Engineers work together and collaborate with teams throughout the company to ensure MailChimp maintains one of the highest delivery rates for every content channel we utilize.
We’re looking for a Deliverability Engineer who’s interested in learning how we work and contributing fresh ideas to the team. The ideal candidate is responsible for maintaining and updating our sending code and should be able to read our PHP codebase as well as write and test code to push needed changes. Delivery services also use MySQL and PostgresSQL databases, so a comprehensive understanding of those services would be needed. They should have an interest in learning about the services our team uses, be driven to actively build tools to assist not only their team but the teams Delivery interacts with and our customers as well. They should be a detail-oriented and a collaborative communicator and be able to self-prioritize their workload to ensure that immediate concerns are handled in a timely fashion.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of work experience in an analytic, data driven email deliverability role
- Expertise with SMTP, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Postfix, and PHP
- Strong understanding of DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
- Strong LINUX administration skills
- Familiarity with browser based development tools and GitHub
- Experience with Receiver side anti-abuse technologies and processes
- Experience in resolving deliverability issues with Receivers or Anti Abuse Community professionals using technology and/or people skills
- Working knowledge of Unix and command line tools
- The ability to function independently and in a team environment
- The ability to break down complex concepts and explain them to audiences while demonstrating expertise in subject matter
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
What you’ll do:
- Develop tools to track, interpret, and report IP and domain reputation
- Build data hooks and automated reports for internal tracking and reporting to a variety of stakeholders
- Modify and test configs to manage throughput parameters on MTAs
- Configure bounce, unsubscribe, and feedback loop handling
- Review internal code changes for impact to our sending infrastructure
- Develop and implement standards for metrics collection, dashboards, and alerts
- Monitor and react to deliverability changes across multiple content channels
- Adhere to a regular on-call schedule being available to handle Delivery related tasks after normal business hours
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot and investigate deliverability issues
- Document internal delivery processes and workflows
- Contribute to customer facing documentation to help MailChimp users adhere to content delivery best practices
- Create trend analysis alerts for user activity and sending in order to detect spam or other harmful behavior
- Respond to content platform outages and deliverability related trends
- Help trainers ensure educational materials are up-to-date and accurate
- Act as a subject matter expert and conduct advanced training for internal candidates
- Work directly with content platforms to ensure the highest deliverability possible
Bonus Points if you have:
- Knowledge of Python, Regex, C, C++, and R
- A strong math/stats foundation with an interest in programmatic implementation
- Experience with Puppet profiles, roles, and other patterns needed for large scale configuration management implementations
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, or similar ticketing systems
- Familiarity with additional content channels outside of email (Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Website Content analysis, etc)
体育投注注册Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic , right on the . Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble体育投注注册, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.